Also included in
- Attractive and engaging resources for teaching 4 essay writing types (literary, narrative, persuasive, expository): daily step-by-step lesson plans, worksheets, student handouts, posters and more! Plus, SAVE BIG by buying this pack - all the items would normally cost $28.Writing doesn't come easily$21.99$27.96Save $5.97
Writing doesn't come easily to many students; so to effectively teach persuasive writing we need to GUIDE students through the process. In this comprehensive persuasive writing pack you will get step-by-step lesson plans, engaging worksheets, helpful handouts and more.
** NOTE: You can now buy this as part of my BUNDLED WRITING PACK and save 20%**
The main goal for this unit is for students to learn the main techniques of persuasive language (including ethos, pathos, and logos), and how to use them in their own work. This will help them craft more effective arguments in their speech and writing. Moreover, they will analyze how advertisements and political speeches employ rhetorical techniques, to help them become more critical consumers and citizens.
Students will be able to:
- Identify, name and explain the use of ethos, pathos, and logos in a text; be able to use these tools in their own writing.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language and jargon, and how they are used to be persuasive.
- Determine an author’s underlying purpose in a text and analyze how they use rhetoric (and rhetorical tools) to advance that point of view or purpose.
- Write persuasive arguments to support original claims, using reasoning and evidence to substantiate.
- Complete Unit Plan and Suggested Pacing Schedule.
- 7 step-by-step lesson plans (each one guides the teacher in the most effective way to teach the concepts of the lesson, and provides helpful tips and hints for effective practice). A variety of attractive persuasive writing worksheets and hand-outs which accompany the lesson plans.
A list of 40 persuasive writing topics and prompts.
Lesson 1: Introduction - The goal of this lesson is to introduce students to the concept of persuasive language and writing; by the end of the lesson they should have a clear idea of the goals for the unit, and what they hope to learn.
Lesson 2: Ancient Persuasion - This lesson will help students understand concepts of ethos, pathos and logos and how they can be used in persuasive writing.
Lesson 3: A Visit To The Future - This lesson will help student to identify the techniques used in persuasive/argumentative writing, and then put these techniques to use themselves.
Lesson 4: Propaganda - This lesson will help student to identify how persuasive language is used in propaganda posters, and then they will design one of their own.
Lesson 5: Being More Persuasive - This lesson will help student to identify persuasive language in use, and then apply the techniques to their own writing.
Lesson 6: Writing A Persuasive Speech - This lesson will help student to identify the techniques used in persuasive speeches, and then use these techniques themselves in their own persuasive speeches.
Lesson 7: Advertising - In this lesson students will learn to identify elements of persuasive language in advertising.
Other products go well with this pack:
** NOTE: If you like this Guided Writing Pack, then don't forget to check out my other ones: