Teach your students the skills and knowledge they need to write detailed, interesting and well structured persuasive texts with this "How to Write a Persuasive Text" PowerPoint presentation / Lesson!
The structure of a persuasive text has been carefully broken down to enable you scaffold students' learning and review each component thoroughly.
This presentation will allow you to examine what information needs and to be included and provides students with words, phrases and language features they can use throughout their writing to strengthen their arguments.
With beautiful bright graphics, student friendly language and easy to use navigation buttons, your students will be engaged with this presentation from start to finish.
This presentation includes 4 examples of persuasive texts, with a basic and detailed version of each.
Please see the description of slides below!
The following slides are included:
* Table of Contents (hyperlinked for easy navigation)
* What is a Persuasive Text
* What Information does a Persuasive Text include?
* Introduction Sentence Starters
* Main Body
* Persuasive Language (with navigation buttons to subheadings)
- Introduction Sentence Starters
- Adding Details
- High Modality Words (x2)
- Involving Your Reader
- Rhetorical Questions
- Call to Action
* Examples (2 examples given for each topic)
- Dogs are Better than Cats
- Summer is the Best Season
- Should Children do Chores?
- Should Swimming Lessons be Compulsory?
* For each persuasive example, 3 additional slides are included to take a deeper look at the introduction, an argument and the conclusion and the language features that have been used in each.
Like this? Check out my other Persuasive Writing resources below!