This is a short introductory persuasive writing unit. Students learn how to write a persuasive piece using something that is applicable to their lives - HOMEWORK! Each child picks a side: Homework or No Homework and writes a persuasive piece. I compile the pieces into a class book.
I've provided a short overview of how I've taught the unit: quick lesson summary, big idea and supply list. My guide is for 12 days but the rough draft and final copy may take more than one day.
I've included the following papers to support your teaching:
• Writing checklist
• Project introduction sheet for students with scoring guidelines
• Scoring page for teachers
• Paragraph template for rough draft
• Model For Homework
• Model Against Homework
• Model with no transition words
• Model with transition words
• Graphic organizer: Web
• Transition word student resource
• Final copy papers