Teacher will introduce persuasive writing to the class using their own lesson. Three leveled differentiated assignments are included to show that all students can still meet the desired objectives and standards.
A differentiated assignment with a separate graphic organizer is provided for each level and a rubric to grade all three.
1) Students will write a persuasive essay.
2) Students will use claims and evidence to support their argument.
3) Students will conclude their essay with a statement to support their argument.
4) Students will use the writing process to develop a quality piece of writing.
W1: Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
a. Introduce claim(s) and organize the reasons and evidence clearly.
b. Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using
credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or
c. Use words, phrases, and clauses to clarify the relationships among
claim(s) and reasons.
d. Establish and maintain a formal style.
e. Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from the
W4: Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1–3 above.)
W5: With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach. (Editing for conventions should demonstrate command of Language standards 1–3 up to and including grade .)
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Other Great Products you may love:
Ultimate Planner & Organizer
Preposition Choice Board with Rubric