This 10-Day Persuasive Writing Unit will have your students analyzing advertisements, developing an understanding of the critical components of persuasive writing, and writing their own persuasive advertisements. Since students write persuasive ads (filled with figurative language, propaganda techniques, and critical persuasive components) about an imaginative product they invented, their engagement level is extremely high in this writing unit. Guided lessons and activities help students to take their first drafts and transform them into well-crafted persuasive advertisements. When it comes time to present their advertisements to the class, they’ll all be begging to go first. You won’t believe how quickly students master persuasive writing and how strong their final writing pieces become in this Persuasive Writing Unit
This detailed Persuasive Writing Unit includes:
- Detailed Unit/Lesson Plans (outlining each day’s instruction)
- Advertisement Rubric
- Active Listening Guide for Students
The Student Persuasive Writing Packet Includes:
- Guided Notes on Persuasive Writing and Critical Components of Advertisements
- 3 Model Advertisements and Critical Components Graphic Organizer
- Pre-Writing Activities: Because Statements, Using Exact Words, Propaganda Techniques, Figurative Language
- Step-by-Step Advertisement Pre-write
- Draft Writing Notes and Expectations
- Revision Activities: Transition Words & Phrases, Critical Components, Style and Coherence
- Active Editing Checklist
(13 keys total)
- All keys for instruction
- Keys for teacher samples and modeling
You may also like...
Memoir Study and Writing Unit
Speech Analysis Unit
--- Reading, Analyzing, Researching, Presenting
Poetry Analysis Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction