This comprehensive 2.5-week Persuasive Writing Unit guides students through the complete writing process. In the end, students present and send a polished persuasive letter!
This essay unit contains so much and its some of my best work:
• 2.5 weeks of detailed persuasive essay lesson plans following the Reader’s Writer’s Workshop Format with complete mini-lessons.
• Student writing packet that guides students through each step in the persuasive writing process: collecting/brainstorming, developing a topic, researching a topic, MLA citations, drafting each part of the essay, incorporating research and persuasive techniques, revision, editing, reflecting and presenting the essay to the class.
• A sample student writing packet that has been completed with sample writing to show students as examples.
• A 2.5-week unit calendar with tips and notes.
• A Persuasive Essay Rubric
• A persuasive technique quiz and answer key
• A 25 Persuasive Topics
Each lesson uses the Reader’s Writer’s Workshop format with Minilessons followed by Independent Writing Time and Closing / Sharing. Each Independent Writing Time section contains instructions for students as well as a conferring focus and informal assessment focus for the teacher. The Reader’s Writer’s Workshop format emphasizes student independence and student ownership of writing.
Each lesson contains an IF / THEN chart for students to use to direct independent writing time. The unit is designed so students can become self-directed!
I invested considerable effort into this resource and am confident it will help you teach Persuasive Writing in new and creative ways in your classroom.
Check out my other writing resources:
Expository Writing Complete Unit
Writing Poetry Packet
Literary Analysis Essay Unit – Use with Any Novel
• Click the green star next to my profile picture to become a follower. You’ll receive updates when I post products, freebies and discounts. I’m new to TpT and my goal is to reach 200 followers!
Please contact me with questions and visit my store for additional teaching materials: Jacque Decker’s Store
Check out some of my other resources by clicking the links below:
Romeo and Juliet Reading Guide Bundle
To Kill a Mockingbird Unit
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you!
Created By: Jacque Decker