Which song would make the best national anthem? Let your students decide then persuade their audiences. It’s the perfect critical thinking and argumentative writing activity to do for Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Veteran’s Day, Constitution Day, or any day!
• Lyrics for “The Star-Spangled Banner
• Lyrics for “America the Beautiful”
• Lyrics for “America” (also known as “My Country Tis of Thee”)
• Class Voting Sheet
• Persuasive Techniques Sheet (Ethos, Logos, Pathos)
• Student Instructions for Writing an Opinion Paragraph
• Graphic Organizer for Opinion Paragraph
• Student Instructions for Writing a Persuasive Paragraph
• Graphic Organizer for Persuasive Paragraph
• Proofreading and Editing Sheet
Click on Follow Me to be notified as other units are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Common Core State Standards Addressed: CCSS W.3.1, W.4.1, W.5.1