This is an Awesome packet that my students and administrators loved!
Focused on Completing and Mastering this Common Core Standard.
This is a student packet of 15+ pages of excellent content to help Middle School Students meet and exceed the Common Core Standards for Writing a Persuasive Argument and working on presentation skills. I have 24 years of experience teaching 7th grade and I created this packet in my own time to help my students and yours become better writers.
This packet covers:
• Writing a persuasive argument (Focusing on CCSS Standards W.7.1 which also apply to 6th and 8th grade and up.)
• Writing an Argumentative Paper
• Defining claim and argument
• Creating a strong claim
• Organizing evience to support a claim
• Including relevant evidance for and against a claim
• Using transitions to clarify relationships
• Using credible sources
• Using a formal style
• Brainstorming their argument
• Indentifying pros and cons of topic
• Expanding brainstorm through clustering (map included)
• Researching their topic
• Writing to an Audience
• Outlining the persuasive argument (secret weapon included)
• Writing prompts and space for rough draft of all paragraphs for topic
• How to "Really" Use Google to research their topic Instructions.
• Sample Ideas for Topic
• Simple method for citing research. This will save everyone a ton of time.
• My unique Argument and Persuasion Window to Evaluate the Argument and Persuasion
• Writing Checklist
This zip files contains this 15+ page product in three formats: PDF, MS Word, and Keynote. You can edit it how you like in the latter two formats.
This is awesome. I hope it helps you and your students as much as it did me and mine!