Peru is officially known as “La República del Perú” and is located in South America. The official language of Peru is Spanish, although many Peruvians speak Quechua or other native languages. Peru was once home to one of the oldest ancient cultures of the world, the Incas. Machu Picchu, an ancient Incan citadel and one of the “Seven Wonders of the World,” is located in Peru. During this cultural activity, students will create their own Machu Picchu-themed artwork and a Peruvian llama cut-out.
Included with this activity are:
- Introduction to Peru and culture
- Required Materials
- Peru fun facts
- Machu Picchu templates (2 total)
- Peruvian llama template
- Step-by-step instructions for completing "Machu Picchu" craft activity
- Step-by-step instructions for completing "Peruvian llama" craft activity
- YouTube links to related videos
Teacher Tip! Looking for an entire course on Spanish-speaking countries and culture? Check out my "DIY Spanish Camp." You'll find detailed instructions for running your own camp including this activity and many, many more!