This is an adaptive book of the original we all know and love: Pete The Cat, I Love My White Shoes, By: Eric Litwin.
1. A cover page
2. 20 Pete the Cat book pages, including one blank page for you to make your own.
3. 4 pages of shoes (4 sets on each page) including one set of blank white shoes for you to make your own if desired. *Please note that you will need print two of each of the colored shoes pages to have enough to use with the book.
4.1 page of color cards. I have included 2 of each color (to go along with the book) except for black, grey, and white.
*ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED* You will need:
3.Whatever you will need to bind this together to make it a book (I punch holes in it and use it in a binder).
1. Print out the cover and book pages and laminate.
2. Print out the amount of shoes you will need, cut them out, and laminate them.
3. Print out the color cards and laminate.
4. Place Velcro on the backs of the shoes, the backs of the color cards, on the feet of Pete (on each page), and in the boxes of each page.
1. If able, have the student(s) say each time aloud with you: “If Pete steps in…”
2. If able, have the student(s) label what Pete steps in.
3. Ask the student(s) what color that item would turn his shoes. If they cannot tell you what color it is, have them show you by giving them color choices.
4. Have the student(s) place the correct color in the box at the bottom of the page.
5. Let the student(s) put the correct color shoes on Pete.
6. Lastly, have the students (if able) say the whole sentence (or have them point as you say it aloud) i.e. “If Pete steps in blueberries, Pete has blue shoes”.
Please rate :) Thank you!