PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Another classic Pete the Cat story with no 7 different no-prep activities that could last you your entire month of planning. Perfect for language, articulation, pragmatics, etc. Activities include...
1. Wh Questions/Bingo: For older students, have them write their answers. For Bingo, ask a question then students can cover the answer on their bingo board. The first to 4 in a row wins (blackout is not possible as there are some fake answers) Target: Wh questions, story comprehension, inferencing, writing
2. Where?: Using the sentence prompts, have students match items with their location (outside, fridge, dishwasher). Target: Where, sorting, sentence structure
3. Sequence: Have students cut & paste the story images on numbers 1-6 (or 1-4) in order of the story. Target: sequencing, story comprehension
4. Story Elements: Have students cut out the 8 pictures then sort by character, setting, problem, and resolution. Target: categorizing, story comprehension, story elements, Wh- words
5. CVC, velar, s, ch, sh, th, Coloring Words: Print pgs 14-17 and have students produce the words from the story as they request items and color. Target: CVC, /s/, s-clusters, velars, sh, ch, th, final sounds, vocabulary, requesting
6. Object Function: Using the sentence prompts, have students draw a line from the object to it's function. Target: object function, matching, complete sentences
7. Order Up: Have students match one of the 12 sandwich orders to that sandwich. Have them describe the sandwich and tell you if they'd order it. Target: following directions, matching, auditory discrimination, comparing and contrasting