The Peter Rabbit Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG - 2018) challenges students to interact with the characters in the movie. Ask students to connect their life experiences with Peter Rabbits siblings and their struggle for dominance. Encourage students to learn how to grow up and become more mature like Peter Rabbit does at the end of the movie. Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product includes:
A student movie guide, PDF printer friendly version (4 pages)
A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
The digital version is intended for a paperless classroom if your students each have a tablet/iPad. Here is a method that worked for me:
1. Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
2. Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with the students.
3. Ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Here are my tips for using this educational movie guide:
1. Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
2. Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
3. Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
4. Discourage students from simply copying answers.
5. Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
6. If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
7. After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
8. On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Check out my free movie guides:
Download these to get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Download these free resources as great extension activities for this movie guide:
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order: