Peter and the Wolf is a great piece for reinforcing aural recognition of orchestral instruments! These posters will give your students a visual representation to accompany the instrument sounds.
This set can be used in many ways.
1. Use posters for display on bulletin board.
2. Teacher or students hold up appropriate poster as a visual during listening.
3. Use PDF in full screen mode to project posters on screen or interactive white board during lesson introduction or for review.
4. Play a group matching game. Distribute puzzle halves to students. On a signal, perhaps while listening to a portion of the Peter & the Wolf music, students walk around the room looking for their missing puzzle piece. Students check for a perfect puzzle fit as confirmation that they have found the correct match. There are nine puzzles included in this set, so this will accommodate a class of 18 with no adjustments. Options for larger classes: a) Print extra puzzle cards, duplicating characters/instruments that may be new to your students. b) Assign up to 4 students to be the puzzle checkers, standing in the corners of the room. When 2 students make a match, they should take their puzzle to the checker to confirm, reading the names of the character and the instrument to the checker. Optionally, checkers may hold the thumbnail sheet showing the completed puzzles.
5. Use half-sheet or full-sheet puzzles and task card as a center activity.
You might also like:
Peter and the Wolf Character Card Games
Find more Instruments of the Orchestra resources by using the custom category Instruments of the Orchestra
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
• You can also Like me on Facebook
• Follow my blog