This product includes:
- Mini Book Foldable
- Directions on How to Fold the Mini Book
- Sample Lesson Plan (I used this for 2nd and 3rd graders. Feel free to modify the plan for older students)
In this lesson, students will:
- Listen to Sergei Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf, a famous piece of classical music.
- Learn about the orchestra, orchestral families, and orchestral instruments.
- Predict and interpret what each character is doing through listening to music.
- Draw each character as they listen to the music.
I came up with this lesson plan to introduce my students to orchestral instruments and their families in a meaningful way. I just have to say... my 2nd grade students LOVED this lesson. They were fascinated with how they could fold one sheet of paper into a mini book, AND they enjoyed drawing their own characters. I hope your students enjoy it as much as mine did!