In this collection, I've compiled activities to supplement the Unit 4.5 "Peter's Chair" story (Ezra Jack Keats) included in the Reading Street series (2008). There are so many engaging activities that you'll run out of time before all of these resources have been exhausted.
More specifically, you'll find:
* ui, ew, ue word sort
* 8.5 x 11 anchor charts for compound words / adjectives
* high frequency word card game
* roll and read x 3
* progress monitoring "sticker" incentive chart (You'll provide the stickers.)
* writing prompt
* reading incentive chart (I use this with AR.)
* amazing words
* spelling scoot
* 10 fill-in-the-blank sentences
* "rainbow" spelling center
* adjectives (How many?) center - Kids select the adjective that tells how many from 3 underlined words in the sentence.
Recording sheets are included. Enjoy!
46 pages + 5 (title, credits, instructions) = 51