Pete's a Pizza by William Steig is such a fun book about a boy getting turned into a pizza by his dad and one of my student favorite read alouds. Please note the book will need to be purchased separately.
This book is perfect to use during a pizza theme or to help teach retelling skills with hands on fun!
Pete’s a Pizza Retelling Pack Activities
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story.
• Story Retelling Cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory or matching type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Yes/No Questions: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart cards. Use the question cards like flash cards to work on answering Yes/No questions, form complete sentences, and to check understanding of the story. Students can
verbally answer the questions or mark the ‘thumbs up’ for yes or the ‘thumbs down’ for no with a dry erase marker.
• Story Sequencing Student Sheet: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story. Great for working on sequencing skills and retelling the story.
• Re-enact the Story with Props: Patterns, ideas, and directions to use props to retell the story. My students love this activity! They each get a turn to be made into a pizza!
Easy prep and easy to use!
Check out my Mama Mia, Pizzeria Pizza Pack Math and Literacy Pizza Themed Activities
for more pizza activities!
Follow my blog Preschool Wonders
and store by clicking on the green star to be notified when new products are posted. New products are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!