Looking for Pet themed Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a Pets theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
ABC Clip Cards (2 levels) -
Clip the letter that matches the letter shown. (Uppercase to Uppercase matching, and Uppercase to Lowercase matching options).
“What is a Pet?” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Dog and Bone ABC Puzzles
- Match the dog to its bone by pairing the matching letters. (Both uppercase and lowercase included.)
Name Tracing Strips
- Editable File included! Make these for your students and laminate them or put them in a sheet protector. With dry erase markers they can trace their names over and over!
- Pick a bunny card and say the letter name. Find and color the carrot with its match. (uppercase and lowercase options both included.)
Fish out of Water
- Roll the die. Record the word you roll on the graph below. See which word gets to the top first.If you roll a fish, you can pick any word! * Editable Activity - Add any words you like!
Fishing for Rhymes (2 options)
– Pick a fish card. Say the name of the picture. Color the bowl that rhymes. * Or play as a matching game and match the fish cards to their rhyming bowls.
Pre-Writing Tracing Strips
- Trace the lines from the pets to their items. Can laminate and use with a dry erase marker, or use black and white copies for tracing/pre-writing pencil practice.
Alphabet Tracing Strips
- Trace the letters from the pets to their items. Can laminate and use with a dry erase marker, or use black and white copies for handwriting practice. * Both uppercase and lowercase letters are included.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Pets Count and Clip Cards (2 levels)
– Count the pets and clip the total (counting sets to 10 or sets to 20).
Doggy, Doggy, Where’s Your Bone? (Counting 10 frames)
– Pick a dog card and read the ten frame. Color the bone with the number that matches.
Doggy, Doggy, Where’s Your Bone? (Addition to 10 using 10 frames)
– Pick a dog card and read the ten frame. Color the bone with the equation that matches.
Silly Shape Puppies (2 Options)
– Pick a silly puppy shape card. Color the silly puppy shape that matches. * 2nd option includes picking a regular 2d shape and matching it to the silly puppy 2d shape (a bit more challenging).
Pet Shop Count (sets to 10)
– Pick a card and count the pets. Record how many of each pet in the boxes.
Pet Shop Count (20 frames)
– Pick a card and read the 20 frame above each pet. Record the number in each pet’s box.
Goldfish Counting Bowls
– Use goldfish crackers or any small manipulative as “fish” to count onto the bowls. (Numbers and number words, counting sets to 20.)
Goldfish Addition Bowls
– Use goldfish crackers or any small manipulatives as “fish” to help solve the equations. Laminate and use with a dry erase marker to write the answers to the equations in the boxes (addition to 10).
Goldfish Subtraction Bowls
– Use goldfish crackers or any small manipulatives as “fish” to help solve the equations. Laminate and use with a dry erase marker to write the answers to the equations in the boxes (Subtraction within 10).
Pets Counting Cards
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Count the pets and write the total in the box (sets to 20).
Pets Roll and Graph
– Roll the die. Color a space above the pet you roll on the graph below. See which one gets to the top first!
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More Pet Activities
Pets Writing Center Activities