Your pre-k through kindergarten students will love this comprehensive language packet that includes the following pets: dogs, cats, hamster, fish, chameleon, rabbit, guniea pig, mouse, turtle, snake. This 55 page unit addresses the following IEP goals:
Language: wh (Who, What, Where) questions, vocabulary, associative thinking, verbs, prepositonal phrases, concepts (above/below, next to, over/under, top/bottom, between, first, second, third, last, in/out, front back/behind, on/off, some, all, rest, small, medium, big/large, more/less, empty/full, most/least, long/short) sorting by less obvious attributes, following directions, go-togethers, sequencing.
You will receive the following activities:
1. 10 large color vocabulary cards of the pets and 10 large cards featuring items that are used by or related to the pets.
2. Position the Pets! Large Concepts Mats and small dogs, cats, fish for working on the above-listed temporal, quantitative, location and sequential concepts.
3. Sort the Dogs by less-obvious attributes: 3 pages of sorting mats and one page of dogs (color), Sort the dogs by long/short tails, long/short ears and one color or more than one color.
4. What is at the Pet Shop? A black and white mini-book that you can use to work on animal naming, verbs and/or pre-reading skills: 5 pages (each page features 4 mini pages).
5. Go-together Worksheets; 5 pages, all black and white to work on matching pets with related items and homes and using language to tell how items are related.
6. Pet-themed Wh (Who and What) questions with picture choices: 3 pages, 12 cards.
7. Give puppy a bath: 1 page, black and white Sequencing Worksheet
You might also be interested in my other animal-themed packets:
Robins, nests and eggs!
Forest Animals and Nature
This set includes both color and black and white options. Be sure to check out the preview page for screenshots of all pages. If you decide to purchase, don't forget to leave feedback at my store and you will receive TPT credits towards purchases at any TPT store.
Copyright: 2015: Donna Miazga Updated 1/17 (expanded language activities and removed speech activities into a separate packet).