Teach your students about net force and motion with this simulation write-up. This simulation write-up was recently updated for remote learning with a link to a Google Doc that can be placed directly into Google Classroom.
This product is also incredibly easy to use for homeschool, provided that your student has access to a device that can be used with the simulation.
This product is intended for use with an online simulation. Students should have access to a Chromebook or other devices. Make sure you can access this simulation on the student devices using the link below.
- 3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.
- 3-PS2-2. Make observations and/or measurements of an object’s motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
- Cause and Effect: Cause and effect relationships are routinely identified, tested, and used to explain change.
Science and Engineering Practices
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations: Make observations and/or measurements to produce data to serve as the basis for evidence for an explanation of a phenomenon or test a design solution
- Before completing this activity, consider doing an engagement style activity. Check out THIS FREEBIE that aligns with this simulation.
- This activity could be used early in your instructional sequence or as part of the EXPLORE phase of the 5E model.
The simulation can be viewed at:
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder