In this phase change menu choice students choose between different RAFT's to demonstrate their knowledge of phase changes.
A RAFT stands for Role, Audience, Format, and Topic. It is a great way to incorporate writing into your science classroom.
**SAVE WITH BUNDLES. Two ways to save. Get the States of Matter and Phase Changes Unit Bundle or combine the states of matter with measuring matter and get the Matter Mega Bundle for everything you need to teach your students about matter.**
included in this RAFT menu choice
- teacher guide
- Two student directions: One for the whole class doing the same RAFT and one for students to choose between different RAFTS to do (see the preview for the choices)
- Student pre-write worksheet to organize their knowledge of what is happening to the particles in each state of matter and during the phase changes
- sentence starters, word bank, and rough draft template for student support in writing their RAFT
- Rubric for grading
You might also like
- States of Matter and Physical Changes Guided Reading
- Matter lesson plans and activities
- Expository Reading Category
Connect with Adventures in ISTEM
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” next to my Seller picture to receive notification of new products and upcoming sales. Most new products are discounted for the first 48 hours.
Blog- adventures in ISTEM
for more great ideas and strategies to use in your classroom plus freebies and giveaways
Follow me on facebook
Follow my board TPT Adventures in ISTEM
Follow me on instagram
Copyright Kristina Harjo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.