Includes interactive worksheets, hands-on activities, assessments and exit cards on how matter behaves in a solid, liquid and gas phase and the relation between phases, temperature and heat energy.
Complete activity directions, lab worksheets and answer keys are included!
Use these materials to fully direct or supplement a middle school or high school unit on phases of matter:
1. Lab Activity: What Are the Properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases?
• Exit Card 1
2. Links to free animations/videos on phase changes
• Post Animations: Check for Understanding questions
3. Interactive Worksheet: How do particles behave in a solid, liquid and gas phase?
• Exit Card 2
4. Links to free videos on Temperature
5. Lab Activity: What’s the Temperature?
• Exit Card 3
6. Assessment: How is temperature related to particle movement?
7. Worksheet: Celsius or Fahrenheit?
• Exit Card 4
8. Worksheet: How do we describe matter changing phases?
• Exit Card 5
9. Interactive Worksheet: At what temperatures does water change phase?
• Exit Card 6
10. Final Assessment