Teaching the Phases of Mitosis? This cut and paste activity is a great way to have students demonstrate their understanding while also integrating a little hands on learning. Perfect for your kinesthetic and visual learners!
This activity includes two versions so that it can be easily differentiated for various levels of students.
- Version One with Cut and Paste Option
- Version Two with no Cutting or Pasting required
- Questions that accompany each phase
During the activity, students will cut out and place the phases of mitosis in the correct order. After this, they will answer questions about what is happenining in each phase.
- Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase
- Crossing Over
- Details of the activities happening in each phase
- Pictures of each phase for students to identify
- Students will be required to label the structures below by coloring:
- Spindle Fibers
- Cell Membrane
- Nuclear Envelope
After the activity, students will have an easy to read graphic organizer that they can glue in their interactive notebook and refer back to throughout your cells unit.
You might also be interested in these resources over the cell cycle.
Be sure to get TPT credit for future purchases! Go to your My Purchases page once you are logged in to TPT. Beside each purchase you'll see a “Provide Feedback “button. Once you click it, you will be given the opportunity to leave a rating and short comment about the resource.
Stay in the loop!
Stay connected with me!
I hope your students enjoy this activity as much as mine!