This is a comprehensive product on the phases of the moon. There are six pages devoted to student comprehension of the phases of the moon. These pages would make a great addition to a science notebook. Student responses are needed throughout.
This product also includes several detailed diagrams to help your students gain a spacial understanding of the sun-moon-earth system. Students are required to apply what is learned from the informative text to complete several projects on their own.
This activity is based on the phases of the moon as seen from the northern hemisphere.
Student Activity Sheet Topics:
1. Identifying terminology used when discussing the phases of the moon.
2. Completing a diagram of the phases of the moon from various positions in relation to the earth and sun.
3. Sculpting the phases of the moon out of chocolate cream-filled cookies.
4. Completing a cut and paste lunar calendar.
5. Completing a 20 question assessment of the phases of the moon, related terminology, and application of concepts.
This product is that perfect unit on the phases of the moon you have been looking for. Your students will gain a solid understanding of the phases of the moon, and you will have multiple opportunities for assessment as you teach this unit.
NC Essential Standards : 4.E.1 and 4.E.1.2