Also included in
- This NGSS PHENOMENA BUNDLE is designed to give teachers quick and easy access to an observable event, or phenomena, that is aligned to the Middle School Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Perfect for both In-Person Instruction or Google Classroom. What is a phenomena and why is it useful i$14.50$16.50Save $2.00
This LIFE SCIENCE PHENOMENON download is a collection of short videos and images designed to give teachers quick and easy access to an observable event or phenomena, that is aligned to the Middle School Life Science Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Natural phenomena are observable events that occur in the universe and allow students to use their science knowledge to explain or predict.
- In the science classroom a carefully chosen phenomenon can drive student inquiry.
- Phenomena add relevance to the science classroom showing students science in their own world.
<< CLICK PREVIEW VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH PRODUCT OVERVIEW >>
- A growing collection of videos (1 min or less) or images of a naturally occurring phenomenon. Currently 21 slides.
- Teacher Notes on each slide with discussion questions and explanation of natural phenomena
- Teacher Guide
- Matrix showing alignment of NGSS standard to video/image
- Student worksheet to fill in their observations and questions.
- Digital link to Google Slide version available in order to distribute to students.
- Links to tutorials on how to use different programs or add-ons (PearDeck, JamBoard, FlipGrid, Padlet) which enhance synchronous student discussion during distance learning.
- NGSS Report: Using Phenomena in NGSS-aligned lessons and Units
The PowerPoint in this product is not editable - VIEW ONLY.
This license for this download is for one teacher in their classroom (digital or in-person). Please do not add the link to a common area or public site.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.