This activity can be used many different ways over and over again for repetitive practice. Included is the answer sheet, number cards for graphing or pocket chart sorting, 18 pictures to count phonemes and a list of different ways to use these cards.
Ways to play:
1. Count the Phonemes in each picture. Color the number of boxes for the number of phonemes. Ex. Candle has 5 phonemes so you would color 5 boxes.
2. Use paint dots to dot the number of boxes that equal the number of phonemes.
3. Cut the pictures apart. Count the phonemes and color or dot the boxes, Put them picture sin order as to the ones that have the least amount of phonemes to the ones that have the most amount of phonemes.
4. Make a graph to graph how many pictures have 2, 3, 4, 5 phonemes using the number cards.
5. Sort the pictures in a pocket chart under the number of phonemes (2,3,4,5)
6. Use as a formative assessment or per-assessment.
2 phonemes: tie, shoe, cow
3 phonemes: apple, chair, shirt, star, bear, van
4 phonemes: bridge, drum, tiger, frog, igloo
5 phonemes: candle, robot, camera, Santa
Please comment and let me know if you like these. Also, let me know if you want anything changed or anything added.