Phonemic awareness activities can be fun and engaging! Use these 27 activities in small groups, whole group, or as interventions! This resource is filled with activities that support Response To Intervention for students in kindergarten, first grade, and even struggling second graders. It was created with the first grade learner in mind.
This tool is meant to help you easily organize your phonemic awareness or intervention activities and data-keeping. You can use the assessment as a pre-assessment, then provide interventions using the activities provided, then re-assess to see if progress has been made. All of the data sheets are provided! It's all packed together!
Phonemic Areas Addressed:
- Syllable Segmentation
- Beginning Sounds
- Ending Sounds
- Medial Sounds
- Blending Onset-Rime
- Phoneme Blending
- Deleting Phonemes
- Segmenting Phonemes
- 27 intervention activities (3 for each area addressed)
- 9 easy data recording sheets (1 for each area addressed)
- 9 assessments (1 for each area addressed)
- 9 explanation pages (1 for each area addressed)
- 9 section dividers for each area addressed
- guided reading groups
- intervention time
- volunteers to use 1-on-1
- transition times (songs!)
I am happy to answer any questions you may have before making your purchase. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I did in my classroom!