These 5-in-1 cards are a helpful addition to any phonics program and can be used all year long!
There are six images for every letter of the alphabet (even X and Z!). The name of each image is typed below it with the initial consonant left as a blank. The images are cute, colourful, and fun. Lots of numbers, animals, and transportation words are provided. Also, some more challenging and unique words are included.
These cards can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom.
1) To use the cards as a mystery book: print all the pages for one letter and staple them together as a book. “Read” the book to the class, and ask them to guess the letter of the week.
2) To save paper, you could show the slides on a projector or interactive whiteboard instead of printing a paper book.
3) When printed in colour, they make great posters for your classroom. Choose your favourite from each letter!
4) Print some images from each letter (4 or 6 per page) to use as flashcards to help reinforce sounds. If you laminate them, they could be a centre in your classroom.
5) Finally, if you print two cards from each letter, you can use them for a memory matching game!
Share any other ways your use these cards in the comments.