Do you need an effective, easy, and organized way to target intervention for your lowest readers? This Phonemic Awareness Intervention Binder will give you everything you need to build phonological awareness for your beginning or struggling readers.
*Phonological Awareness: the ability to identify and manipulate sounds; sometimes referred to as Phonemic Awareness, or the ability to manipulate sounds in words
This Phonological or Phonemic Awareness Binder is a reading intervention tool to help build and track phonemic awareness skills. It covers all of the basic skills required to develop phonemic awareness, from rhyming to blending and segmenting, to adding deleting sounds. It includes 111 assessment activities and 14 data tracking sheets.
Print all pages (you can choose color or black/white for the cover and page dividers). Organize into a binder with page protectors, using page dividers to make 8 sections:
• Rhyming Words (CVC words with the same ending)
• Words in a Sentence (counting how many words)
• Counting Syllables (counting how many syllables)
• Onset & Rime (separating the 1st sound and the rest of the word)
• Beg, Mid, & End Sounds (isolating different sounds)
• Blending & Segmenting (making and breaking apart words)
• Phoneme Manipulation (deletion, addition, & substitution)
• Data Tracking (keep track of student progress)
During guided reading, assessment, or intervention time, complete assessment activities with students. Keep track of their scores with the data tracking pages. You can create a comprehensive individual page for each student or just keep track of scores on the class data sheets. This works great as a class volunteer binder to have volunteers give students extra practice. You can use paper and pencil, or students can use dry erase markers if you laminate or use page protectors.
**********Check out my other ELA Intervention Binders!**********
ELA Intervention Binder Bundle
Letter Skills Intervention Binder
CVC Words Intervention Binder
Phonics Intervention Binder
Beginning Fluency Intervention Binder
1st Grade Summer Review
Kindergarten Summer Review
• New products in my store are 50% off for the first 24 hours
they are posted! Follow me by clicking HERE
so you don't miss any new products or sales.
• Did you know with each purchase you make, you can earn points towards free products on TPT? For each product you provide feedback for, you earn 1 TPT credit for each dollar it was worth. After you make a purchase, hover over "My TPT" and click "My Purchases". Click "Provide Feedback" by the green little thumb. After you provide feedback, you can check your TPT Credit Balance by hovering over "My TPT" and clicking "TPT Credit Balance". Such an awesome way to save some money! Happy shopping!