Each letter contains 4 activities: 6 flashcards with pictures (except x – x has 4), an activity in which students find and color the target letter, a handwriting activity sheet, and a picture cut and paste activity (focusing on the given letter). This entire file can be printed out in the beginning of the year, placed in a binder, and used throughout the year, minimizing prep.
This is how I use these activities with my ESL Kindergartners (also used for RTI)
Day 1 of the target letter: (25-30 minutes)
• Introduce the letter and new words using the flashcards
• Watch a video on the target letter (havefunteaching.com)
• Practice skywriting the letter
• Practice writing the letter with dry erase markers on handwriting sheets that have been laminated or on whiteboards.
Day 2 of the target letter: (25-30 minutes)
• Review new words/sounds using the flashcards. Cut out (and laminate if you wish) two sets of the flashcards. Use them to play memory. When the student finds a pair, ask them to state the name of the word/picture, the sound it makes, and what letter it is
• Have student complete the hand writing sheet
• Have student complete the letter identification sheet
• Have student complete the cut and paste picture sort
Aligned to the CC, adapted for ELLs and Spec. Ed. students.
Please download the preview for a sample !