This learning printable can be used to review and/or reinforce essential phonological awareness skills on the concept of rhyming. The ability to rhyme – or to hear the ending sound in words – helps young students with hearing the parts of words that eventually leads to reading.
--17 sets of rhyming cards
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Find three cards that rhyme and place on mat.
* Place cards face down. Turn over two cards and try to find matching pairs. If they do not match, turn back over and put back in original place.
* Show child one a card and have them find the matching pair.
* Place 3 rhyming cards on table: 2 that rhyme, 1 that doesn’t. Child guesses which two words rhyme or child guesses which one does not rhyme. Mat is included for this one.
* Can be used for assessment.
* Can be used in small group, literacy center, and in whole group-circle time.
* Used for the development of speech.
* Put in ABC order.
My Watermelon Rhymes
Udderly Divine Rhymes
My Pumpkin Rhymes
Sour Lemon Rhymes
Strawberry Rhyme Time
Our Shop of Rhymes
To Rhyme or Not to Rhyme--That is the Question
The Mailbox Rhymes
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse.
Creations by Mrs Mouse