I made these phonemic awareness & segmentation sheets for an autism intervention specialist and speech/language pathologist who have many students at different schools.
This pdf contains the following:
• Short 'a' words: 10 CVC phonemes (with pictures)
• Short 'e' words: 10 CVC phonemes (with pictures)
• Short 'i' words: 10 CVC phonemes (with pictures)
• Short 'o' words: 10 CVC phonemes (with pictures)
• Short 'u' words: 10 CVC phonemes (with pictures)
• Alphabet page printout with extra vowels - for use with the worksheets
The above words are presented in the following variations:
• All letters of the word visible - identical matching, word building, segmentation
• First letter missing - to teach beginning sounds
• Last letter missing - to teach ending sounds
• All letters of the word missing - independent word building
• Also included are 2 mixed worksheets with missing middle sounds - to teach
medial sounds and vowels.
As a result of all these variations and convenient outlay - you can use these worksheets to teach many skills over time:
• Syllable Segmentation
• Beginning Sounds
• Ending Sounds
• Medial Sounds
• Phoneme Blending
• Deleting Phonemes
• Segmenting Phonemes
• Blending Onset-Rime
• Receptive identification of letters
• Expressive identification of letters
I've used high-resolution, realistic images to help students understand the word's meaning more easily.
I recommend using at least 250 micron laminating sheets and sealing the edges to ensure the worksheets and letters are hardy and water (and juice!) resistant.