This Back to School ELA Year Long Set helps students recognize and produce rhyming word, Forms Blend/segment onsets and rimes of single syllable words, Isolate and produce initial/medial/final sounds in CVC and CVCV words, match Letter-sound Correspondence, Blending phonemes,isolate and produce initial/medial/final sound, and use phonics and word analysis skills in building words.
This Phonemic Pocket Chart Set begins with students first learning to HEAR the repetition of the same beginning sounds with all 31 letter sounds of the alphabet. Once Phonemic Awareness has been mastered students are able to move on to phonological awareness, letter sound association. A reader with strong phonemic awareness will demonstrate the ability to hear Rhymes and Alliteration , the repetition of the same consonant sound at the beginning of several different words used in a sentence or paragraph, and find the different sound in a sets of words. These students are then able to blend and segment, sound out sounds in order to become emergent readers.
This set was developed after another Animal Phonics Program. In this set, I have used Animal Characters and given them names so students become familiar with the Beginning Sound of each animal's name and get to know the Animal Characters before they are introduced to letter sound association. I use Beanie Babies and other Stuffed Animals that I have to add interest as I introduce each Sound and Animal.
This Phonemic Bundle Includes
• 26 (8.5 x 11) Animal Posters with Names
• 26 (4 x 5) Animals Sound Cards
• 156 Phonemic Beginning sounds Cards
• Colorful Kid Friendly Pictures to Sound and Sort
• 18 Print and Go Worksheets that Match this Set
• Complete set up and instructions
• Chart of all Animal Characters
• 2 Sounds Like Card Mats
The second set included in this Bundle is the Phonological Awareness and moves students in to associating written words with sounds.
Please know that this Bundle is Broken into 4 Files in a Zip Drive Folder for you. This way you are able to easily open and print only the set that you need at that time, and are organized in ABC order for easy assess.
The second addition to this Bundle includes:
• 180 picture cards with words
• Beginning Sound Mats
• Ending Sound Mats
• Rhyming Word Mats
• 1-4 Syllable Word Mats that are Individaul
• CVC Word Mats
• CVCE Word Mats
• CVVC Word Mats
• All Short Vowel Sounds Like Mats
• All Long Vowel Sounds Like Mats
• 32 Blends and Diagraph Mat Cards
• 26 Alphabet Sounds Like Cards
• R Controlled Vowel Mats
• This is a ...Mats
• Noun Card
• Verb Card
• Person Card
• Thing Card
• Animal Card
• Place Card
• 13 Title Covers for Each Skill Set
• 1 Blank Title Cover for Additional Skills you want to add
These Pocket Chart Cards easily fit in 4" x 6" photos Storage Boxes. You can easily find these at any craft store, Amazon, or Office Supply store. You can also easily store sets in plastic ZIPLOC bags. I've just found the plastic storage boxes work very well and have given me the ability to easily organize this set to create centers for all year with out having my students destroy and lose my cards.
I have also printed several sets of Pocket Chart Cards and have them divided into Concept Skills I want covered in each Photo Storage Case. This way, when we break into centers, I can easily pull the skill each group needs to be working on that week.
Common Core Skills Covered in this Set
• RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words.
• RF.K.2c Blend/segment onsets and rimes of single syllable words
• RF.K.2d Isolate and produce initial/medial/final sounds in CVC and CVCV words
• RF.K.3a Letter-sound Correspondence
• • RF.1.2b Blending phonemes
• RF.1.2c isolate and produce initial/medial/final sound
• RF.K.3 phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
• RF.K.3.b associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
• RF.K.3.d distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
• RF.K.2 spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
• RF.K.2.b count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM at:
You can also follow me on my BLOG at
To connect with me on Facebook, you will find me at
Please be sure and share anything you you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL PROMOTIONS just for YOU!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!