This Pocket Chart Activities, Centers, and Print and Go Phonemic Sheets are a must have resource for Pre-K and Kindergarten students! It's fun, affordable, and builds a strong Phonemic Awareness, which is necessary before students move on to Phonological Awareness, letter sound association. This set was created to a similar Animal Phonics Program in order to add excitement and interest to our emerging readers.
This Phonemic Pocket Chart Set begins with students first learning to HEAR the repetition of the same beginning sounds with all 31 letter sounds of the alphabet. Once Phonemic Awareness has been mastered students are able to move on to phonological awareness, letter sound association. A reader with strong phonemic awareness will demonstrate the ability to hear Rhymes and Alliteration , the repetition of the same consonant sound at the beginning of several different words used in a sentence or paragraph, and find the different sound in a sets of words. These students are then able to blend and segment, sound out sounds in order to become emergent readers.
This set was developed after another Animal Phonics Program. In this set, I have used Animal Characters and given them names so students become familiar with the Beginning Sound of each animal's name and get to know the Animal Characters before they are introduced to letter sound association. I use Beanie Babies and other Stuffed Animals that I have to add interest as I introduce each Sound and Animal.
This Phonemic Bundle Includes
• 26 (8.5 x 11) Animal Posters with Names
• 26 (4 x 5) Animals Sound Cards
• 156 Phonemic Beginning sounds Cards
• Colorful Kid Friendly Pictures to Sound and Sort
• Print and Go Worksheets that Match this Set
• Complete set up and instructions
• Chart of all Animal Characters
• 2 Sounds Like Card Mats
Common Core Standards Addressed:
• RF.K.2c Blend/segment onsets and rimes of single syllable words
• RF.K.2d Isolate and produce initial/medial/final sounds in CVC
• RF.1.2b Blending phonemes
• RF.1.2c isolate and produce initial/medial/final sound
• RF.K.3 phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
• RF.K.3.d distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
• RF.K.2 spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
• RF.K.2.b count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
You may want to check out my Whole Phonemic and Phonics Pocket Chart and Activities Set
before purchasing this set. This set is included in the Whole Bundle by clicking on the link below.
PHONICS POCKET CHARTS and ACTIVITIES BUNDLE
Other products you may be interested can be found by clicking on the links below.
ALPHABET ACTIVITIES and CENTERS
EMERGENCY SUB PLANS for A DAY
ANIMAL CLASSIFICATION CUT and PASTE PreK-2nd GRADE CLASSIFICATIONS
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM at:
You can also follow me on my BLOG at
To connect with me on Facebook, you will find me at
Please be sure and share anything you you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL PROMOTIONS just for YOU!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!