Determine your students' knowledge of letter-sound correspondences and their use of decoding strategies. After testing children in kindergarten and 1st grade, you can pinpoint your phonics lessons.
The resource includes:
• Letter Sounds Assessment
• Phonetic Words Assessment
• recording sheets
• Class Decoding Analysis summary for recording the letter sounds and decoding strategies used by each student
• Class Phonetic Words summary for showing the phonetic words recognized by each student
You can use the results of this assessment to help:
• decide where to start with whole class or small group phonics instruction (sound letter correspondences, syllable types, decoding strategies)
• determine the key words to put on your word wall
• form guided reading groups
• decide which books to use with different groups
You might want to check out the complete assessment from which this resource is taken, which also contains a High Frequency Words Assessment: Diagnostic Literacy Assessment for Beginning Guided Reading: K-1
Happy testing and teaching!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store,Many Roads to Reading
, or by email