Also included in
- Snag this money-saving year-long phonics program and activities bundle and you’ll have everything you need to teach decoding by analogy in kindergarten and first grade! You may be wondering… What is an analogy-based approach to teaching phonics? With this method, students are taught to use parts of$85.00$111.00Save $26.00
Do you have kindergarten and first-grade students who would benefit from engaging in additional reading and spelling activities that supplement the lessons you provide from my Keys for Decoding Analogy-Based Phonics Program?
Then, this set of add-on reading and spelling activities is exactly what you need! Your students will get plenty of practice using words they know to read and spell new words.
Take a closer look at everything you’ll receive by clicking on the VIEW PREVIEW button above.
Click the highlighted words to check out my Keys for Decoding Analogy-Based Phonics Program and this money-saving bundle, Phonics Program and Activities Bundle for Analogy Based Decoding.
The activities can be used in small groups, in centers, or as independent work to reinforce the skills being taught.
These activities can be used during the 3-day lesson cycle of my Keys for Decoding Analogy-Based Phonics Program or used to expand those lessons to a 5-day cycle. They are the perfect addition to help you address the needs of students with learning challenges or to just add a little variety and fun.
To benefit from these activities, your students should recognize most letters and be able to produce their corresponding sounds.
They should also have prior exposure to producing rhyming words and to blending and segmenting onsets and rimes as well as 3 phonemes.
These activities are based on 46 spelling patterns (rimes, phonograms, word families) drawn from the high utility/ most common lists compiled by Wylie and Durrell and by Fry.
They follow a set cumulative sequence. The sequence of spelling patterns matches that of my Keys for Decoding program.
Each spelling pattern is represented by a key word. Each key word has a corresponding picture that shows it’s meaning. The pictures provide visual cues to support learning.
The patterns covered are: vowel-consonant, vowel-consonant-consonant, vowel-consonant-e, and vowel-vowel. One r-controlled pattern, -ore, is also included.
The program focuses on one-syllable words without prefixes and suffixes.
All materials are either black/ white or color with a black/ gray/ white option.
- Teacher Information
- Animal Frame Sorting Mats All 46 Spelling Patterns
- Small Word Cards All 46 Spelling Patterns
- Show the Meaning Any Spelling Pattern
- Write Sentences All 46 Spelling Patterns
- Spell the Room and More Every 3rd Spelling Pattern
- Spell the Room Recording Sheets Every 3rd Spelling Pattern
- Read and Color Every 6th Spelling Pattern
- Roll and Read Every 6th Spelling Pattern
- Color by Code Every 6th Spelling Pattern
- Five in a Row Every 6th Spelling Pattern
Be sure to take a closer look at everything by clicking on the VIEW PREVIEW button above.
Check Out More Resources
Don’t Lose Out
Be sure to follow my store! You’ll receive email updates about new resources and discounts. New resources are often 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Don’t forget to provide constructive feedback. You’ll help me continue to create quality instructional resources that are useful for your classroom.
Better yet, TpT will give you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the resource.