Also included in
- This mega phonics activities bundle includes two different styles of phonics activities for phonics practice in the classroom or online. Boom Cards are a great digital phonics activity, perfect for distance learning. Clip cards are a hands-on, tactile way for students to practice phonics skills. Bot$19.50$28.25Save $8.75
This r-controlled vowels activities set includes two different phonics activities for practicing r-controlled vowels in the classroom or online. You will receive a deck of digital Boom Cards and a set of printable clip cards for reviewing the r-controlled vowel letter combinations and sounds- AR, ER, IR, OR and UR. Also included are an r-controlled vowel phonics chart and a phonics worksheet on which your students will record their answers.
Boom Cards are a great digital phonics activity, perfect for distance learning. Clip cards are a hands-on, tactile way for students to practice r-controlled vowels. Both phonics activities are self-checking and provide instant feedback for students. You can choose to use one, or use them both!
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- 25 printable clip cards – 5 cards for each r-controlled vowel letter combination: AR, ER, IR, OR and UR
- 50 digital Boom Cards – 5 cards for each r-controlled vowel letter combination: AR, ER, IR, OR and UR, plus answer cards
- An r-controlled vowel chart in two different sizes (A4 and A5) which can be displayed in the classroom or individually distributed to students (color and black and white versions included).
- A recording worksheet for students to record the correct answers
- Teachers' Notes including instructions for preparing the clip cards and ideas for incorporating them into your classes
Please download the free sample file for full details of what's included.
WHAT THEY WILL LEARN / PRACTICE
- R-controlled vowels- AR, ER, IR, OR and UR
- vocabulary words containing r-controlled vowels
- handwriting skills - as they record the correct answers on their worksheet
- fine motor skills - as they hold, clip and flip the cards
- digital literacy skills
ABOUT CLIP CARDS
These clip cards are quick and easy to prepare and instructions are included. To prepare the clip cards, print on cardstock and cut around the edges and down the middle of the page to create two separate cards. Fold each card in half and glue together. For extra durability, laminate the cards. (Full instructions are included.)
Students use clothespins or paper clips to choose the letter/letters missing from the given word, then flip the card to check their answer against the correct one given on the back.
ABOUT BOOM CARDS
Boom Cards are digital, self-checking task cards that are hosted at Boom Learning. A set of Boom Cards is called a Deck.
Click HERE for a playable preview of this deck of Boom Cards.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
For additional assignment options, you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
***BUY THE BUNDLE AND SAVE $$$***
This resource is also available in the Phonics Clip Cards + Boom Cards Bundle. Buy the bundle and save over 30% on seven sets of phonics clip cards.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Alphabet Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- R Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- L Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- S Blends Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- Long Vowel Digraph Clip Cards + Boom Cards
- Consonant Digraphs Clip Cards + Boom Cards
Remember to leave feedback and a rating for this resource to earn credits towards free TpT products! Also, I really love reading your feedback and I use the insights provided by teachers just like you to improve all my resources.
Get notified when new resources are posted by clicking the green ★ above to "follow" my shop. New products are posted at 50% off for 48 hours only. Don’t miss out on half-price resources.
I hope that you and your kiddos love using this activity in your classroom. Please reach out with any questions you have about the resource.