Phonics Based Reading Passages - Decodable Readers
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Phonics passages are a fun and systematic way to practice decoding skills in a meaningful context! This set contains 40 decodable reading passages. Each reader is a one-page double-sided worksheet with text focused on a specific phonics pattern.
The text is carefully controlled and contains an appropriate reading passage that students can be successful with! Reading fluency can be targeted by doing repeated readings of the word lists and text passages.
Each reader includes:
- Words with picture clues to introduce the target sound on the front cover
- Decodable word list to practice the new phonics skill
- Phonics based reading passage with carefully controlled text
- Circle and write words with the decoding skill
- Reading comprehension questions
- Apply knowledge to writing new words
This phonics passages bundle includes a book for each of the following skills:
- Short A
- Short E
- Short I
- Short O
- Short U
- A with silent e
- I with silent e
- O with silent e
- U with silent
- OW like slow
- OO like tooth
- OO like hook
The decodable worksheets work great for:
- RTI and Intervention Groups
- Introducing a Phonics Skill
- Review and Practice
- Small Group Reading Instruction
- Centers and Stations
- Homeschool curriculum
- English Language Learners
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading Fluency
See what others are saying about this resource:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Ruth G. said, "This is a great resource. It is very easy to prepare but is packed with activities. The students I have used them with have really enjoyed using them and engaged really well with all the activities."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Melissa D. said, "This has helped me cut out the guess work for intervention in phonics and foundational skills. Thank you. It has more than one way to practice learning sounds/words on each page.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Dayna Y. said, "This is a great all in one resource, and I have used to teach EL students. I love that each mini booklet contained a reading passage with the target word family and also vocabulary with pictures!"