Phonics Based Spelling Interactive Notebook Lessons
This is a bundle of interactive spelling list activities.
The bundle includes a total of 9 packets.
The aim of each activity is for students to revise a particular letter-sound pattern and a list of 5 words that include it.
I have also provided templates with no words included so that you can devise a list that is specific to your class needs, or even add additional words.
Students start by making a 'pocket pouch' for their notebook that is the shape of something that is featured in the spelling list - for example in the 'ee' packet, students will make a bee.
They then cut word cards for the list and put them in the pocket pouch.
Using the facing page of their notebook, they can take a word car d from their pocket, and use it to guide a sentence. Students will write a sentence for each word in their spelling list.
This bundle includes:
- ow as in snow (snowman interactive)
- ee as in bee (bee interactive)
- ie as in pie (pie interactive)
- ai as in snail (snail interactive)
- ue as in glue (glue interactive)
- oy as in boy (boy interactive)
- ou as in house (house interactive)
- ir as in bird (bird nest interactive)
- ar as in car (car interactive)
I have also included a 'blank' version of each interactive, so that you can develop your own interactive lessons (not spelling based necessarily) and add your own content and focus for your students.
These activities will help make your review of word families, spelling patterns and words so much fun for students!