This product supports Jolly Phonics teaching, but can be used with many other phonics programs. All you need to provide is color unifix cubes.
4 Letter sound game boards with 36 picture cards per game board - broken down as follows:
Books 1 and 2 (game board and 36 cards)
Books 3 and 4 (game board and 36 cards)
Books 5 and 6 (game board and 36 cards)
Book 7 and digraphs (game board and 36 cards)
COLOR CODED TO HELP KEEP CARDS AND GAME BOARDS ORGANIZED
How to Play the Bump Game
• Two players - 15 unifix cubes all one color – different from other player.
• Three players - 10 unifix cubes all one color – different from other players.
• Place shuffled cards face down in a pile.
• Student draws a picture card.
• Student places a unifix cube onto the matching beginning letter sound. Then place that card into a “used card” pile. (PLEASE NOTE: diagraphs and some letter sounds may be in the middle or at the end of the word. There is a notation under the picture. Example: AI – rain or X – fox).
• The next player then draws a picture card and places their color unifix cube on the matching letter sound.
• IF ANOTHER PLAYER HAS A UNIFIX CUBE ON THAT SPOT ALREADY, YOU CAN BUMP THEM OFF. HOWEVER IF YOUR OWN UNIFIX CUBE IS ON THAT SPOT YOU STACK YOUR CUBE ON TOP OF YOUR OTHER CUBE AND NOW YOU CAN NOT BE BUMPED OFF BECAUSE THAT SPOT IS CONSIDERED “FROZEN”.
• If you draw a card that is “frozen”, you lose your turn – place that card in the “used card” pile.
• The game ends when all pictures are frozen or a student runs out of unifix cubes.
Please download the PREVIEW for a closer look.
Visit my store for more Jolly Phonics Inspired Resources.
Resources that support Jolly Phonics Teaching:
Beginning Sound Worksheets
Building Vowel Digraph Words
Clothespin Activity Strips
Desktop Name Plates with Digraphs
Digraph Add On for Initial Sounds
Digraphs and Diphthongs Worksheets and Activities
Exit Slips for Formative Assessment
Home Study Packet
I Spy Search and Find Picture Worksheets
Initial Sounds and Digraphs Cards
Interactive File Folder Sound Sort
Interactive Packet or Notebook
Letter Formation Practice Sheets
Letter Sound Cubes
Oral Assessment Packet
Phonetic Spelling (D'Nealian)
Phonetic Spelling (Primer Print)
Phonics Sound Sort
Phonics Sound Sort Extension Worksheets
Playdough-Dry Erase Mats
Roll A Word Cubes
Sort and Write Worksheets
Sound Book Template
Tricky Words Playdough-Dry Erase Mats
Tricky Words Playdough-Dry Erase Mats-NSW Foundation Print
Wrist Watches-Brag Tags to Support Jolly Phonics Teaching - Bubble Letter Version
Wrist Watches-Brag Tags to Support Jolly Phonics Teaching - D'Nealian Version
Wrist Watches-Brag Tags to Support Jolly Phonics Teaching - HOMESCHOOL Version
Write the Room - Book One
Write the Room - Book Two
Write the Room - Book Three
Write the Room - Book Four
Write the Room - Book Five
Write the Room - Book Six
Write the Room - Book Seven
Write the Room - BIG BUNDLE INCLUDES BOOKS 1 - 7
Games that support Jolly Phonics Teaching:
BANG! Card Game
BINGO To Support Jolly Phonics Teaching
BINGO to Support Jolly Phonics Teaching - NSW Foundation Print
Connect Four Sounds Game
I Have - Who Has Loop Card Game
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 1
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 2
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 3
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 4
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 5
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 6
Phonics Land -Board Game Book 7
Phonics Land -Board Game BIG BUNDLE Books 1 - 7
Race to the Top of the Skyscraper Game
Tricky Words BANG Card Game
Tricky Words (High Frequency Words) Word Searches