PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
3.7 MB | 23 pages
This product supports Jolly Phonics teaching, but can be used with many other phonics programs. All you need to provide is color unifix cubes.
4 Letter sound game boards with 36 picture cards per game board - broken down as follows:
Books 1 and 2 (game board and 36 cards)
Books 3 and 4 (game board and 36 cards)
Books 5 and 6 (game board and 36 cards)
Book 7 and digraphs (game board and 36 cards)
COLOR CODED TO HELP KEEP CARDS AND GAME BOARDS ORGANIZED
How to Play the Bump Game
• Two players - 15 unifix cubes all one color – different from other player.
• Three players - 10 unifix cubes all one color – different from other players.
• Place shuffled cards face down in a pile.
• Student draws a picture card.
• Student places a unifix cube onto the matching beginning letter sound. Then place that card into a “used card” pile. (PLEASE NOTE: diagraphs and some letter sounds may be in the middle or at the end of the word. There is a notation under the picture. Example: AI – rain or X – fox).
• The next player then draws a picture card and places their color unifix cube on the matching letter sound.
• IF ANOTHER PLAYER HAS A UNIFIX CUBE ON THAT SPOT ALREADY, YOU CAN BUMP THEM OFF. HOWEVER IF YOUR OWN UNIFIX CUBE IS ON THAT SPOT YOU STACK YOUR CUBE ON TOP OF YOUR OTHER CUBE AND NOW YOU CAN NOT BE BUMPED OFF BECAUSE THAT SPOT IS CONSIDERED “FROZEN”.
• If you draw a card that is “frozen”, you lose your turn – place that card in the “used card” pile.
• The game ends when all pictures are frozen or a student runs out of unifix cubes.
Please download the PREVIEW for a closer look.
Visit my store for more Jolly Phonics Inspired Resources.
============================================== Resources that support Jolly Phonics Teaching: