This is Bundle 7 of our Simple Phonics Centers series, packed with 6 year-long activities for literacy centers, worksheets and games. The activities in this bundle focus on letter sounds, CVC words, Long Vowels, CVCe words, Blends, Digraphs, Diphthongs, R-Controlled Vowels, Double Consonants, Y-Ending Words, sorting and writing simple sentences! Perfect for kindergarten and 1st grade!
Each activity in this bundle is specifically designed to create independence and confidence in reading and writing with a phonics emphasis. It's full of easy to prep and easy to use activities to use through the school year in your literacy centers, morning work, or small group phonics lessons.
With over 350+ pages, these engaging activities will fill up your literacy centers all year long! These activities are low prep and independent, and have been classroom tested for high engagement!
Please note: No need to search for separate sets if you want to use the same activity for several different phonics focuses - they are all included! The sets are 50-100+ pages each, and include several pages for all or most of the phonics topics below:
- CVC short vowels
- Long Vowel Pairs
- CVCe words
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Double Consonants
- Includes the sets listed below. Click the titles to see them!
- - Students clip the word that matches the picture. Toss these cards in a bin with some clips and you're done! Includes 152 cards with four choices on each card. To make this activity self-checking, add a sticker on the back of each card behind the correct answer.
- - Students read the word and find the picture to match. After cutting and gluing the picture in the correct spot, students draw and print the word. There are 50+ activity pages included to practice all the phonics rules listed on the cover.
- - This is a fun phonics game that can be played alone or with a parter. The rules are simple: Roll a die and see which picture matches. Place a block or game piece on that word in the grid. If your partner lands on the same word you can be "bumped" off the spot. There are 40+ game board for all the phonics rules listed on the cover.
- - These simple cards are an alternate version to the best-selling In this set, students write (or place a magnetic letter) the first letter of the picture (ie: C for a picture of "cat") The letters will spell out a phonics word. They choose from the pictures provided which matches the word they decoded (to show comprehension).
- - Students use the built-in letter tiles at the bottom of each page to cut and arrange letters to spell the word that matches each picture. Students write the word beside the picture and draw their own picture to match. For early finishers, there is a spot to use words in a sentence. 20 word families are included in this resource.
- - This printable activity is similar to the best-selling In this set, students decode four words with the same phonics rule by writing the first letter of each picture. Students are them prompted to write two sentences using the words, and illustrate their choices.
There are more Phonics Bundles available!
You can see the other PHONICS BUNDLES by clicking links below:
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 1
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 2
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 3
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 4
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 5
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 6
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 7
- Click HERE to see PHONICS BUNDLE 8
You can also browse a big list of resources for:
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can see ALL clip art and early literacy sets organized in one place by clicking Whimsy Workshop Teaching -- simply choose a tab at the top of the page to explore!
Don't miss out on free and discounted clip art by keeping in touch!
Whimsy Workshop Teaching
This download allows for single classroom use only. If you know of other teachers who wish to have their own copy, you can click on extended licenses during the checkout process (at reduced prices), or email the product link to colleagues so they can purchase their own legal copy and receive any updates in the future. Thank you for respecting my TOU and hard work.
Original Resources and Illustrations ©S.Westby - Whimsy Workshop Teaching.com