Read and Write the Room Simple CVC Short Vowel Words for K-1
This fun CVC short vowel hunt is a great alternative to just sitting and working on a worksheet page. It gets your Kiddos up and moving all around the room, which is so important for our students. However, it can be used as a traditional sort where children look at the cards and decide where they belong according the the vowel sound.
Here’s how I use them or have used them:
1. Laminate all cards and run off all sheets.
2. Choose which cards you want to use the are 2 sets of cards one with beginning and ending sounds written on the card with a blank for the missing vowel and another set that does not have any clues on it so the child has to write and spell the entire word correctly.
3. Choose which vowels you want and or all cards…your choice. I would first select the cards of the vowel sound we are working on and then add some of the others so children have to think about the sounds etc. So, maybe the first time I would use the Short a cards and add some others around the room and only have them find the short a words. Do this with all sounds and progress toward all vowels or mixtures of sorts for the vowels. You can also differentiate directions and have some children find all the words and sort them on another sheet provided and others just sort one or two vowels according to the levels.
4. I usually tape the words around the room in visible places and then have the kiddos walk around with clipboards to fill in their sorts.
5. As a center the clipboards and sheets are stored in the Word Work Area in a basket or dish drain and then when the kiddos go to that station, they put the paper on the clipboard or you can set them up ahead of time accordingly, and they start their journey around the room reading the pictures and writing the words on their sheets…FUN FUN FUN!
You might also like:
Read and Write the Room Nouns and VerbsRead and Write the Room Nouns Person, Place or ThingDigraphsBeginning BlendsNoun, Verb, AdjectiveCVC WordsRhyming PicturesRead and Write the Room Bundle
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this brings a bit of sunshine your way! I appreciate customer feedback and comments. If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs.
To earn credit for future purchases, go to My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, you receive feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value and appreciate your feedback as it helps me decide which products are most helpful and valuable for your students. I Love to create so if there is anything that you might need or want to make your job easier, just let me know!
If you would like to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches, click to become a follower and this “easy peasy” action will now send you email updates about this store. ☺