These phonics cards and posters will serve many purposes in your k-2 classroom. Use them in a pocket chart as a display for your phonics focus. Create a sound wall to encourage students to refer back to taught patterns in their writing and reading. Use them in a sort to distinguish between patterns. You can even place them on a ring for partner work, extra practice, or an activity to be done with a parent volunteer.
There are 102 patterns in this set, each including 7-13 cards and one large poster. Each card has an image, the word, and the phonetic focus pattern highlighted in red. Two files are included: One in full color, the other in black/white to meet your printing needs.
Patterns included are:
- beginning consonant sounds
- short vowel CVC (a, e, i, o, and u)
- consonant digraphs (ch, sh, th, wh, ph, kn, wr, ck)
- double consonants (ll, ff, ss)
- r blends (tr, pr, fr, gr, br, dr, cr)
- l blends (pl, bl, gl, cl, fl, sl)
- s blends (sl, st, sp, sm, sn, sk, sc, sw)
- ending blends (ng, nk, nd, nt, mp, lt, ld, lf, st)
- r-controlled (ar, or, ir, er, ur)
- soft c
- soft g
- Silent E (a, i, o, u)
- Long A (ai, ay)
- Long E (ee, ea, ie, ey, y)
- Long I (ie, igh, y)
- Long O (oa, oe, ow)
- Long U (ue, ui, ew)
- Other (oo as in boot, oo as in book, oi, oy, ow, ou, au, aw)
***Looking for more phonics fun?***
Try my Interactive Phonics Slides!
AND My CVC Mega Bundle!