Help your students practice decoding words that contain initial and ending consonant blends (130+ words). Have fun, and learn decoding at the same time. Use during literacy centers, assign for homework and independent work periods, or use as a skills block activity.
Works great as an activity for substitute coverage. No prep, just print what you need, and then supply the scissors and glue. The students will do the rest!
Match the pictures with the words. Cut and paste the pictures into the corresponding boxes.
1. Cut on the heavy dotted line, separating the pictures from the blank template.
2. Read the first word on the template, then find the matching picture.
3. Cut and paste the matching picture into the corresponding box.
4. Complete the worksheet.
5. Color the pictures.
Includes differentiation response templates:
1) Pick a word. Draw a picture.
2) Pick a word. Draw a picture, write the word three times.
3) Pick a word. Draw a picture, write a title and a sentence using the word in context.
Have students draw and label a picture of each word on the back of the completed worksheet (template included). For more advanced students, have them write a simple sentence using the words in context.
*File includes Bonus B/W Set.*
CVC Picture Match Short A
CVC Picture Match Short E
CVC Picture Match Short I
CVC Picture Match Short O
CVC Picture Match Short U
CVC BUNDLE (AEIOU)
CVC Picture Match BUNDLE (Short Vowels)
ADDITIONAL / RELATED PRODUCTS:
Initial and Ending Consonant Blends
Alphabet & CVC Phonics Resources
Click "Follow" above to receive automatic "new product" notifications from TpT.
*All pictures, graphics and fonts used with permission from original copyright holders.*