RAP – Phonics & Fluency
This BUNDLE includes 7 sets of RAP pages: short vowels a, e, i, o, u, PLUS b & d
• No Prep. No Mess. Just READ! *RAP stands for Repeated Accurate Practice. The concept is research-based and designed to help build or remediate basic reading skills. The built in repetition of a specific letter-sound is key to improving both Phonics and Fluency.
• Differentiation & Intervention: Use these with struggling readers for quick & easy practice that works. Each RAP set includes a set for older students that does not have cutesy fonts and pictures that make them feel babyish to older kids.
• Each set targets a specific gap or weakness: short vowels a, e, i, o u, b & d
• Each set contains Five RAP (Read Aloud) pages. 4 pages of new words. The 5th page reviews all of the words.
• Each set contains one page of Word Cards.
• Data Recording Sheets to show progress.
• Anyone can use these pages to help reinforce & remediate basic reading skills. No teaching experience necessary. This can easily be implemented by a parent, teacher, or aide.
• Great for Homework too.
• Best when used one-on-one or in small groups.
* These are pages that I created based on the format of Take Flight RAP pages. These pages were created for students who need additional help with basic reading skills but may not be receiving instruction in Take Flight. I occasionally use them with my Take Flight students to target gaps or specific areas of weakness. Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia is a two-year curriculum written by the staff of the Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.