The 'oy' and 'oi' phonics game Gurgling Gargoyle is loosely based on the card game 'Old Maid'. It is heaps of fun for all involved!
Print the cards onto thin card, laminate them and cut them out.
What You Need to Play:
One set of game cards
How to Play:
1. Two players sit facing each other.
2. One of the players shuffles a set of game cards then shares out the whole deck between the two players.
3. The players match all the pairs in their hands and place them off to the side saying 'oy as in voyage' etc as they place them down.
4. The players then hold the remaining cards in their hands and take turns picking one card randomly from the other person's hand.
5. As another pair is made the player places it down in the same way as before. Hint - if you manage to choose the gargoyle, it is a good idea to shuffle the cards in your hand to 'hide him better'.
How to Win:
The person left with the 'Gurgling Gargoyle' in their hand at the end of the game is the winner.
Words Included in the Game:
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)