'Phonics Game' - Initial Blend Bingo - bl, cl, fl, sl & pl
is a classic phonics game used in classrooms around the world to reinforce and practice initial blends.
What You Need:
- All game boards printed out and either laminated or in plastic sleeves
- The game word lists printed and photocopied for future games
- 25 plastic counters for each player.
Initial Blend Bingo can be played as a small group of 6 or eight students or as a whole class. It is a great game for Literacy Centres and parent helpers.
How to Play:
1. Students sit with their materials ready to go.
2. A game leader chooses a word at random from the word list and crosses it off.
3. Players search their board for that word. If the word is printed on their game board they cover the word with a counter, if not they wait for the nextword to be read.
4. The winner is the person who covers all the words first and calls out BINGO.
NB - I like to play this game so the winner is the first person to get 5 counters in a row either horizontally, vertically or diagonally. I think it keeps the interest level high.
- Pairs of students play one board. This opens up the way to co-operative learning.
- Each student plays with 2 boards.
Words included in Bingo - bl, fl, cl, pl & sl:
black, blank, blast, blaze, bleed, blend, blue, bloom, blunt, blob
flag, flake, flame, flash, flat, fleet, fly, flight, flip, flower
place, plane, plain, planet, plant, play, please, plenty, plot, plow, pluck, plum
slam, slang, slap, sleep, sleep, slip, slice, slow, slug, slump, sly, slippers
claim, clam, clamp, clap. claw, clay, clever, click, clock, close, cloud, clown, club
Included in this Download
11 Game Boards & Game Rules
Please Note: This game is included in my MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includedsALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)