'Controlled R' Phonics Game
- 4 in a Row - is an excellent Literacy Centre Activity. It provides a SOCIAL & ENJOYABLE way to practice controlled r words.
Essence of the Game:
Students place counters alternately on the game board and read controlled r words. The winner is the first person to get 4 of their counters to line up horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Print this board and laminate it.
- One die (yes die is the singular, dice is the plural)
- Coloured counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
How to Play:
1. Roll the die.
2. Read an controlled ‘r’ word with the same number as the die.
3. Place one coloured counter on the number fact if read correctly.
4. The winner is the one to have 4 in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Tips and Hints:
• This game works best as a two player game.
• Can be played without a die - children just choose words.
• Try playing best of three plays – this helps to reinforce sight word vocabulary.
• Rules can be adapted to get children to spell the word.
If You Like the Look of This Game, CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
my current Math and Literacy games PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
You only have to use 7 of the games to get your money's worth :-)
To Read More - CLICK HERE