Phonics Games | Diphthong OO | Literacy Centers for 1st Grade Phonics
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for fun phonics activities? This bundle of phonics games will help your students master decoding while building a solid foundation in 1st grade reading! The digital phonics centers cover short vowels, long vowels, silent e, vowel teams, consonant blends, digraphs, 3 letter blends, as well asPrice $74.00Original Price $122.75Save $48.75
Looking for fun phonics activities? These phonics games will help your students master decoding diphthongs while building a solid foundation in 1st grade reading!
Following the principles of and the , this NO-PREP for Diphthong OO is just what you need for your reading centers, phonics centers, phonics intervention, or other decoding practice. This is perfect for diphthong & vowel team review in 2nd grade reading centers, too!
Save your planning time AND increase student engagement with phonics review games! Digital resources provide busy teachers with an excellent , especially given how tech savvy our students are now.
What You Need to Know Right Now!
- Focused Phonics Review
- Diphthong OO
- high frequency words / sight words
- 32 interactive Google Slides
- No Prep - Click and Go!
- Students & Teachers LOVE them!
- Works best with Google Classroom for independent practice
- Word Building with letter tiles - Spell words with Diphthongs
- Matching words to pictures - Match words to correct picture
- Missing letters from words - Write beginning, middle, & ending sounds of words
- Sentence building with word tiles - Unscramble the sentence
- Decodable passage - Read decodable passage and mark words with Diphthongs
- Sound puzzles - Solve puzzles based on onset-rime
- Word building puzzles - Unscramble the Diphthongs
- Sound sort - Sort images and words by sound
- Word ladder - Fill in the beginning, middle, & ending sound of words
- Picture graph - Create a graph using icons representing the words with Diphthongs
- Word search - Find and mark Diphthong words in the puzzle
- Creative writing - Write sentences and/or stories using Diphthongs
Recommended Ways to Use these Phonics Activities:
- Independent Work
- Literacy Stations
- Choice Boards
- Whole Group Instruction
- Reading Groups
- Extra Practice
- Early Finishers
- 1:1 with the Teacher or Tutor
- RTI / MTSS
- Phonics Homework
You will get: A downloadable pdf file that includes links to make a copy of both the student version and answer key. You’ll want to ensure that you're logged in to the Google account in which you plan to use the resource.
You will need: Internet access, a Google account, & a Google Classroom™️ (recommended, but not required)
Your students will need: Access to tablet or computer, Internet access, & a Google account
Looking for other phonics skills?
Related Phonics Resources
⭐ALL ACCESS Phonics Skills Word Work Bundle
⭐Spoons Games - All Phonics Skills
⭐Digital & Printable Phonics Puzzles
Let's Connect! TPT | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TeacherMood BLOG
Remember to leave feedback to earn TPT credits. These credits give you discounts on any future TPT purchases.