- Initial Blends Card Game - I Have… Who Has…? - bl.fl,cl,pl,gl & sl - This initial blend card game covers the beginning blends bl.fl,cl,pl,gl & sl.
- To practice words with the initial blends of bl, fl and pl in an enjoyable way.
- To practice listening skills.
What You Need
1 set of 'I Have... Who Has...?' bl, fl & pl words
1 Stopwatch (optional)
- Print and laminate the cards so they will withstand the rigors of classroom use.
One Way to Play
1. Distribute all the cards randomly to the students. NB Some students may receive multiple cards.
2. Students stand in a circle with their cards.
3. The teacher selects a student at random to start the game and they read their card and sit down. e.g. I have plant. Who has please?
4. The student with the 'please' card says aloud, 'I have please. Who has plenty? & sits.
5. Play continues in this question and response fashion until all students are sitting. At this point the game is complete.
- Students must listen attentively so they don’t break the flow of the game.
- Use the stopwatch to time the length of the game. Over the course of a week challenge the students to get faster at completing the challenge.
Game 1 - bl, fl & pl
black, blank, blast, blaze, bleed, blend, blue, bloom, blob, blade,
blanket, flag, flake, flame, flash, flat, fleet, fly, flight, flip, flower, flap, flesh, place, plane, plain, planet, plant, play, please, plenty, plot, plow, pluck, plum
Board 2 - sl, cl & gl
slab, slam, slang, slip, slap, sleek, sleep, slice, slow, slug, slump,
sly, slippers, claim, clam, clamp, clap, claw, clever, click, clock, close, cloud, glad, gloss, glance, glass, glee, glider, glitter, globe, gloom, glory, glove, glimpse
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)