Phonics games are fun and your students will love playing these short simple fast fun activities to learn the 42 main sounds in the English language.
This game is perfect for teachers and students using a '42 sounds' program such as Jolly Phonics.
This file contains a game called "Lion's Roar" with 7 sets of sound cards. Use them as individual groups, or combine sets to create a game that uses the sounds that you have introduced to your class so far.
The 42 main sounds of the English language have been broken down into 7 groups, to make it easier to teach them.
Your students will enjoy trying to read the sounds that they find before the lion starts to ROAR!
Print and laminate this game to add to your teaching resource collection. We have also included game instructions, a worksheet and a cover page to get your organisational pouches sorted!
These are the sound groups included:
• GROUP 1 = s, a, t, i, p and n
• GROUP 2 = c, k, e, h, r, m and d
• GROUP 3 = g, o, u, l, f and b
• GROUP 4 = ai, j, oa, ie, ee and or
• GROUP 5 = z, w, ng, v, oo (short) and oo (long)
• GROUP 6 = y, x, ch, sh, th (voiced) and th (unvoiced)
• GROUP 7 = qu, ou, oi, ue, er and ar
Find more fun games, centers, printables, worksheets and crafts for phonics in my TpT store HERE!
Click here to return to my store home page